Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
PhD (Currently ABD), Philosophy, Emory University, Atlanta, GA (2015-).
MA, Philosophy, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON (2010-2013).
BA Honours, Contemporary Studies & History, University of King’s College, Halifax, NS, (2005-2010).
AOS: Ethics, Philosophy of Emotions, Bioethics
AOC: Phenomenology, Ancient Philosophy (esp. Aristotle)
Applied Ethics (especially Bioethics), Phenomenology (esp. Merleau-Ponty), Ancient Philosophy (especially Aristotle), Philosophy of Emotions, and Philosophy of Health & Illness.
- “Grief, Phantoms, and Re-membering Loss” Forthcoming in the Journal of Speculative Philosophy.
- “Grief, Phantoms, and Re-membering Loss”
Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy (SPEP), Pittsburgh, PA (2019). [PDF of program].
- “Empathy, Perspective, Parallax”
International Merleau-Ponty Circle (IMPC), New York, NY (2019). [PDF of program]
- “Living with Ghosts: Being Haunted as a Structure of Experience”
International Association for the Philosophy of Death & Dying, Uppsala, Sweden (2018). [PDF of program].
- “Co-Perception and Shared Worlds in Aristotelian Virtue Friendships”
Collegium Phaenomenologicum. Citta di Castello, Italy (2018). [PDF of program].
- “Emotional Work in Progress: Empathy as an Interpersonal (Self-)Hermeneutic”
Canadian Hermeneutic Institute. York University, Toronto, Canada (2016).
- “Pain as an Intersubjective Experience”
Canadian Hermeneutic Institute, York University, Toronto, Canada (2013).
Here [link] is a description and short video about a public talk I gave on grief and mourning, as part of a Death Cafe organized by Dr. Michael Butler (University of Texas Rio Grande Valley).
- Forthcoming [from French to English]:
Translation of: Antonio Lamarra, “Genetic Context and Initial Reception of Leibniz’s Monadologie. Leibniz, Wolff and the Doctrine of Pre-established Harmony.” Leibniz Review Vol. 28 (2020).
- Under review [from Italian to English]:
with Elena Bartolini, Translation of: Claudia Baracchi, Friendship, Milan: Mursia, 2016.
French – Fluent
Italian – Intermediate Reading & Aural Comprehension; Beginner Spoken & Written
Spanish – Intermediate Reading; Beginner Aural Comprehension, Spoken & Written
Ancient Greek – Beginner
German – Beginner
Academia.edu Profile (link)
Researchate.net Profile (link)